Please find a list of FAQ’s to assist with the postponement of the 5th World Trauma Congress. Should you need any further information, please contract the Congress Organisers direct on email@example.com
- Is my registration fee valid for the new dates in February 2021?
Yes, all registrations to the congress, as well as oral and poster presentations are automatically moved to the new dates.
- My registration was managed by a sponsor / hospital / organisation, what should I do?
From our side your registration is still valid.
Please get in touch with your sponsor / hospital / organisation to arrange your participation in February 2021.
- Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the conference in February 2021, can I be reimbursed?
Yes, refunds (less taxes and administrative expenses) will be granted to those delegates unable to attend. Please submit this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If I am a sponsor / exhibitor, will I be entitled to a refund?The Association Specialists / PCO and or a member of the Organising Committee will be in touch with your directly.
- I have already sent by email my cancellation request, should I resend it through the online form on the congress website?
There is no need to resend your request online via the congress website. If you have already requested a refund of your registration fee via email, we will be working to process this as soon as possible and you will automatically be reimbursed. There may be a delay in response times, but rest assure are team are working on this for you.
- I cancelled my registration but I will be able to attend on the new dates, what should I do?
If you already cancelled your registration fee, please contact us. You will be able to register at the same rate you have registered earlier. If you didn’t receive an email stating that we are processing this, we will not continue your cancellation process and your registration will remain valid for the new dates.
- What should I do with my travel and hotel booking?
If you arranged your hotel booking through the conference website, the Professional Conference Organiser will be in touch directly about your booking. If you managed your travel and/or hotel arrangements personally, please get in touch with the airline/train company and hotel explaining them the situation. We recommend you download the official statement on the conference website that states the new dates. COVID-19 is the reason for these dates moving and should be accepted as good reason by all suppliers. Please download this statement and hand it together with your dates moving request. If you booked travel and hotel through a travel agency you must refer to the agency directly.
- Hotel, airline company or travel agency did not accept to reschedule or reimburse my booking for free, will the congress reimburse me?
Neither the Society, nor the Professional Conference Organiser can be responsible for financial engagements taken by third parties. The social instability and travel limitations caused by COVID-19 outbreak are good reasons for the Society to move the conference to future dates in order to guarantee the wellbeing and safety of all delegates, staff and suppliers involved in this event. If Hotels and airlines won’t reimburse or reschedule, then it would be worth talking to your travel insurance company as it may be claimable depending on the policy.
- The new conference dates are 14 – 18 February 2021, will my travel visa be still valid in those dates?
Please check on the validity dates of your visa, unfortunately you may have to apply for a new visa.
- I have a presentation scheduled during the congress, what will happen with it?
Guidelines on this will be available shortly.
- Can I change my abstract before the new congress dates?
Guidelines on this will be available shortly. Abstract submission now closes on 14 September 2020 and outcomes will be advised in October 2020.