Abstracts may only be submitted online through Currinda and will not be accepted by fax, email or post. The World Trauma 2020 Congress Professional Conference Organiser will notify all abstract submitters of acceptance via email in late May 2020.
Important: All authors accepted to deliver a presentation or bring a poster must register for the conference and pay the applicable registration fees.
Please note: The submitting author (if different to the presenting author) will be the one linked to the abstract and will receive all relevant information via email. It is the submitting author’s exclusive responsibility to ensure that all emails to do with the abstract are passed onto the presenting author and any other relevant parties.
Authors will require a profile on Currinda in order to submit an abstract for consideration. This profile will then be used for registration for the conference.
- When logging in to Currinda, you will be asked to create a profile (unless you already have a Currinda profile) and then, prompted to submit an abstract for the conference. You can submit multiple abstracts, one after the other, through your profile.
- Whilst you can come back to your submission(s) at any time prior to the submission deadline, please ensure you proceed through the entire process to complete your submission. If you fail to do this, your abstract will not be reviewed.
- You may select an oral, poster or both presentation options for your abstract. If your submission is accepted, the Scientific Committee will confirm which presentation option they consider best suited to your submitted paper.
- You can log back into the system and edit your abstract submission at any time until 5:00pm (AWST) on Friday 3 April 2020. Simply log into your Currinda profile, select the abstract to amend and navigate through the top tabs to the section(s) you wish to edit.
- An automatic acknowledgement email will be sent once your abstract submission is complete.
- Be typed straight into the text field in Currinda. It is recommended that authors have this text ready to copy and paste (ensuring that no formatting carries across).
- Not exceed 250 words, excluding titles, authors and affiliations
- Show only one presenting author by ticking the appropriate box
- Include the first name, surname and affiliations of all authors separately
- Include a succinct overview of the intent and purpose of the presentation
- Not include any tables or figures
- Include a title that is less than 150 characters with spaces. Please ensure the title is written in sentence case, not all caps.
- Include a biography of less than 150 words for the presenting author. This is not included in the abstract word count.